Sophistication. By Design.
When you drive a Taurus, your senses are heightened. The interior is expertly crafted, the controls are a finger’s press away and the powertrain is impressively responsive. It’s a car designed to respect your comfort and respond to your needs.
Standard and Available Engines
Taurus features a standard 3.5L V6 and two available EcoBoost® engines.
- Standard 3.5L V6 – 288 horsepower, 254 lb.-ft. of torque. EPA-estimated rating of 18 city/27 hwy/21 combined, FWD.
- Available 3.5L EcoBoost V6 – 365 horsepower, 350 lb.-ft. of torque.** EPA-estimated rating of 16 city/24 hwy/19 combined, FWD.
- Available 2.0L EcoBoost I-4 – 240 horsepower, 270 lb.-ft. of torque,** EPA-estimated rating of 20 city/29 hwy/23 combined, FWD.
*Actual mileage will vary.
**Tested with 93-octane fuel.
Torque Vectoring Control and Curve Control
Two great control systems. Added confidence around the curves.39
- With Torque Vectoring Control, the system transfers torque to the wheels that have the most grip. It uses braking to adjust the speed between the front wheels while you’re accelerating through a corner, forcing the front end to hug the inside of the curve and provide a better grip.
- Curve Control will slow you down when it senses that your vehicle is going too fast through a particular curve. Employing throttle reduction and four-wheel braking intervention, it’s always active in helping you maintain control.
Available Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support*
The available adaptive cruise control (ACC) allows you to set your gap distance.10
- Once activated, ACC functions just like normal cruise control with one exception
- Unlike conventional cruise control, when ACC sensors detect traffic in front of your vehicle slowing, your vehicle slows down
- After its sensors detect traffic has cleared, your vehicle resumes its set speed
*Not available with the Performance Package.