High-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy body.
F-150’s got it. Nobody else does.* Combined with a high-strength steel frame, it makes the F-150 up to 700 lbs. lighter than the previous model. Not to mention stronger. Lighter and stronger? The use of high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy not only makes F-150 lighter and more agile than ever before, it’s also one of the reasons it can haul and tow more than any other half-ton pickup.
The Safest Ford F-150 ever
- Ford F-150 SuperCab and SuperCrew are a 2016 IIHS Top Safety Pick when equipped with optional Forward Collision Warning.
- 5-Star overall crash test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety* Administration, thanks to 31 safety-related innovations
- Safety starts with the frame’s high-strength steel. A fully boxed frame features eight crossmembers (five through-welded) made of up to 78 percent high-strength steel (up from 23 percent in the previous generation)
- Features an advanced restraint system with dual-stage airbags, Curve Control to help drivers stay on their intended path, and available inflatable rear safety belts in SuperCrew® models – a segment-first innovation**
- Safety belt pretensioners added to the belt anchor side further tighten the lap belt around front-seat passengers, keeping them in a more secure spot early in the event of a crash
- Standard AdvanceTrac® with RSC®
- Standard trailer sway control
- Available Inflatable rear outboard safety belts available in four-door SuperCrew (compatible with childsafety seats) – a segment-first feature
*Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov).
**Class is Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR.
†Feature name is Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support.
New Pro Trailer Backup Assist™*
Whether you’re a towing novice or a seasoned pro, Pro Trailer Backup Assist makes backing up a trailer as easy as turning a knob.
- Rotate the knob left or right in the direction you want the trailer to go
- Makes navigating the trailer more intuitive
- F-150 is the first pickup truck to offer this breakthrough feature
Aluminum gets the gold.
When F-150 added high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy, it got stronger, more capable and more efficient than ever. It also got some very prestigious awards.
- Ford has been named Best Truck Brand by U.S. News & World Report for F-150 and Super Duty.
- 2016 Ford F-150 is the Best Buy of the Year among trucks according to Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com*
- Ford F-150 is the Winner of a 2016 Most Popular on Edmunds.com Award
- 2016 Ford F-150 Regular Cab has the lowest 5-Year Cost to Own in its class by Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com.**
*For more information, visit Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com. Kelley Blue Book is a registered trademark of Kelley Blue Book Co., Inc.
**2016 model-year vehicle’s projected cost to own for the initial five-year ownership period is based on the average Kelley Blue Book 5-Year Cost to Own data which considers depreciation and costs such as fuel and insurance. For more information, visit www.kbb.com.