It says “confident” inside and out
- New liftgate, new taillamps, new fascia and new exhaust tips
- Redesigned hood, headlamps, grille, fender and fog lamps
- Five new wheel designs and three new colors
- Unique interior and exterior and premium appointments on the new Platinum series
- Nirvana Leather with perforated and quilted seats on Platinum mode
2.3L EcoBoost® engines. Efficient power.
- 280 hp delivers 310 lb.-ft. of torque*
- Large twin-scroll low-inertia turbocharger separates the exhaust pulses from pairs of cylinders enabling quicker turbine spin-up, enhanced acceleration responsiveness and efficiency
- Now available with Class II Trailer Tow Package and Intelligent 4-Wheel-Drive-System with Terrain Management System
- Delivers a substantial increase in horsepower and torque over previous 2.0L EcoBoost® engine
It just keeps getting better with the Platinum model
- 20″ bright machined-faced wheels with Dark Tarnish-painted pockets Premium
- Premium sterling-silver painted front and rear skid-plate elements Distinctive grille with
- Distinctive grille with satin-chrome finish
- Leather-wrapped instrument panel with contrast stitching
- Nirvana leather-trimmed Medium Soft Ceramic seats with quilted bolsters and 1st-row “PLATINUM” embroidery
- Leather-wrapped heated steering wheel with contrast stitching and wood inserts
- Two-piece appliques featuring real aluminum and brown ash swirl wood
Explorer uses its available ultrasonic systems to help you in nearly all parking situations – park out assist, perpendicular parking and Forward and Side Sensing Systems.
Available enhanced active park assist adds the ability for Explorer to help you with perpendicular parking. Utilizing the vehicle’s 12 ultrasonic sensors, Explorer will scan for suitable parking spaces and will assist in backing the vehicle into the spot.**
All you have to do is shift, accelerate and brake, and active park assist will take care of the steering.